Only 3 days later, gateway 3ds team released another new GW 3.2.1 ultra firmware.
With the new firmware, it added blue card GW-installer.nds with new 3ds support,
it is more easier to use the gateway 3ds card now.
And we’re back with another quick update!
So what’s new this time:
– Updated Blue Card GW_INSTALLER.nds with New 3DS support
– Added option to boot into SYSNAND mode directly even with EMUNAND on SD card
We received plenty of feedback regarding our previous firmware release and we heard you!
In our last release we realised there was no easy way to boot into SYSNAND mode, so we got you covered now!
From now on, while in the Gateway menu with the boot icons visible, simply hold B while booting into Gateway mode or Classic mode!
You will then be asked to confirm booting into SYSNAND mode by pressing X.
We also added the New 3DS support to the Blue Card GW_INSTALLER.nds, so you have another alternative to reinstalling NVRAM other than from our Gateway menu.
About one more month quiet, gateway 3ds team released latest new firmware just now!
Please check the news from gateway 3ds official support site:
Today we are back with another update: GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA!
So let’s see what’s new:
– Latest EMUNAND support for old 3DS (currently version 9.7)
– New 3DS 8.1 JAPAN region now fully supported (multirom menu and so on)
– System Settings 4.5 support for New 3DS!
– Built-in NVRAM installer in the Gateway menu (behaves same as the Blue Card Gateway installer)
From now on, New 3DS users can rejoice that they no longer need to constantly use Cubic Ninja or Zelda Ocarina of Time to boot up into Gateway mode!
With this firmware update, you will be able to boot into Gateway mode using just System Settings, just like on old 3DS! No more extra accessories required once you have done the setup!
Just follow these simple steps:
1) Copy the Gateway 3DS 3.2.0 ULTRA Launcher.dat to your New 3DS microSD card
2) Copy mset_.cia to your New 3DS microSD card (where is your console region)
3) Copy “DevMenu.3ds” to your Gateway 3DS microSD card.
4) Boot into the Gateway menu with your preferred entrypoint (Zelda or Cubic Ninja)
5) Select the new “NVRAM INSTALL” option from the menu, proceed with installation.
6) Once installed, boot into Gateway mode and launch DevMenu.3ds from the multirom menu (press SELECT)
7) Start DevMenu and import mset_.cia from your SD card.
8) Reboot console and verify you can now boot into Gateway mode with the classic System Settings DS Profile method. (Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS profile)
9) Enjoy! No more cartridge swapping required to use Gateway 3DS on New 3DS!
!! IMPORTANT !!
Please make sure to install the *CORRECT* mset cia for your region, we do not recommend this for new users with little experience !!
Please be aware that this downgrades the System Settings application on your SYSNAND, so be wise and
backup your SYSNAND (and setup EMUNAND) using the Gateway menu before you do this.
Note you can always manually install a newer CIA version back of System Settings, but using our Sysnand Restore option is the recommended option.
New 3DS users might also wonder why there is no EMUNAND update yet, and the answer is simply that while we are still making steady progress on this front, there is still alot of work to be done until we get to this point. So we hope our New 3DS users will understand that we cannot give an exact end date for this yet.
Rest assured we will be able to overcome this obstacle!